Lt1042 Cub Cadet Parts Manual
• (Section 4442 of the California Public Resources Code). Other states may have similar laws. Federal laws apply on federal lands. A spark arrester for the muffler is available through your Cub Cadet dealer or contact the service department, P.O.
Cub Cadet LT Diagrams and Manuals. Shop for Cub Cadet LT1042 Parts. Factory Direct from Cub Cadet. View and Download Cub Cadet LT1042 operator's manual online. Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Lawn Tractor Operator's Manual 1000 Series. LT1042 Lawn Mower pdf manual download. Also for: Lt1046, Lr1045, Lt1045, Lt1050.
Box 361131 Cleveland, Ohio. • A sample model plate is also illustrated below. You can locate the model plate by looking at the underside of the tractor‘s seat. This information will be necessary to use the manufacturer’s web site and/or help from your Cub Cadet dealer.
CUB CADET LLC P. • SECTION 1: IMPORTANT SAFE OPERATION PRACTICES WARNING: This symbol points out important safety instructions which, if not followed, could endanger the personal safety and/or property of yourself and others. Read and follow all instructions in this manual before attempting to operate this machine. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in personal injury.
If situations occur which are not covered in this manual, use care and good judgment. Contact your Cub Cadet dealer for assistance. SLOPE OPERATION Slopes are a major factor related to loss of control and tip-over accidents which can result in severe injury or death. • If the blades do not stop within the this time frame, your unit should be serviced professionally by your Cub Cadet dealer. Check brake operation frequently as it is subjected to wear during normal operation. Adjust and service as required. Never tamper with the safety interlock system or other safety devices.
Check their proper operation regularly. After striking a foreign object, stop the engine, disconnect the spark plug wire(s) and ground against the engine. Thoroughly inspect the machine for any damage. • SECTION 2: SLOPE GAUGE.
• SECTION 3: TRACTOR SET-UP Gas and Oil Fill-up The gasoline tank is located under the fender and has a capacity of three and-a-half gallons. Unthread the fuel cap by turning it counterclockwise. Use only clean, fresh (under 30 days old), unleaded gasoline. Fill tank to no more than four inches below the top of the filler neck to allow space for fuel expansion. • SECTION 4: KNOW YOUR LAWN TRACTOR A Systems Indicator Monitor/Hour Meter B Throttle Control Lever C Choke Control D Parking Brake Lever E Fuel Tank Cap F Seat Adjustment Lever G Ignition Switch Module NOTE: Any reference in this manual to the RIGHT or LEFT side of the tractor is observed from operator’s position.
BATTERY OIL PRESSURE PTO / BLADE ENGAGE. • Throttle Control Lever The throttle control lever is located on the left side of the tractor’s dash panel. This lever controls the speed of the engine. When set in a given position, the throttle will maintain a uniform engine speed. When operating the IMPORTANT: tractor with the cutting deck. • Refer to the MAINTENANCE section of this manual for the proper battery charging procedure or have the charging system checked by your Cub Cadet dealer.
Cat D5k2 Xl Owners Manual. Electric PTO / Blade Engage Knob To engage the power to the. • This tractor is equipped with a safety interlock system for the protection of the operator. If the interlock system should ever malfunction, do not operate the tractor. Contact your Cub Cadet dealer. • The safety interlock system prevents the engine. • Setting the Gauge Wheels Select the height position of the cutting deck by placing the deck lift lever in any of the six different cutting height notches on the right fender. Adjust the deck wheels so that they are between ¼-inch and ½-inch above the ground as follows.
• Engaging the Parking Brake To engage the parking brake: • Fully depress the brake pedal and hold it while gently pushing the parking brake lever downward. • Hold the parking brake lever down while removing your foot from the brake pedal. • Stop machine if anyone enters the area. This tractor is equipped with one of Cub Cadet’s quality cutting decks. The following information will be helpful when using the cutting deck with your tractor. • 42- and 46-inch Decks On model LT1042, LT1045 and LT1046 the mulch kit is installed at the factory.
To operate the cutting deck without mulching, simply remove the mulch plug by unthreading the plastic wing nut which fastens it to the cutting deck. • SECTION 6: MAKING ADJUSTMENTS WARNING: Never attempt to make any adjustments while the engine is running, except where specified in the operator’s manual. Leveling the Deck NOTE: Check the tractor’s tire pressure before performing any deck leveling adjustments. Refer to Tires on page 25 for information regarding tire pressure. • Parking Brake Adjustment WARNING: Never attempt to adjust the brakes while the engine is running. Always disengage PTO, stop engine and remove key to prevent unintended starting. If the tractor does not come to a complete stop when the brake pedal is completely depressed, or if the tractor’s rear wheels can roll with the parking brake applied, the brake is in need of adjustment.
• LT1046 & LT 1050, the engine (with oil filter) has a capacity of 1. Micro Bird Bus Wiring Manual. 7 liters (57.5 oz.). Never overfill the engine crankcase. TEMPERATURE / OIL VISCOSITY CHART 10W-30 (Twin Cylinder) 10W-30 (Single Cylinder) Never operate Operating Range On models LT1042 & LT 1045, the engine FULL. • 1/2 turn after the gasket first makes contact. Re-filling the Crankcase with Oil On models LT1042 & LT 1045, the engine IMPORTANT: (with oil filter) has a capacity of 1.5 liters (50.75 oz.).
On models LT1046 & LT 1050, the engine (with oil filter) has a capacity of 1.7 liters (57.5 oz.). • If leaks are present, have your engine IMPORTANT: serviced by your Cub Cadet dealer before operating the tractor. Air Filter The engine is equipped with a replaceable, high density paper air cleaner element and an oiled, foam precleaner. • • Check the gap using a feeler gauge and adjust, if necessary, by carefully bending the ground electrode. See Figure 15. Set the spark plug gap to.76 mm (0.030 in.).
Feeler Gauge Spark Plug Ground Electrode Figure 15 • Reinstall the spark plug into the cylinder head. • NOTE: Carburetor adjustments should be made only after the engine has warmed up. The engines on Cub Cadet Series 1000 tractors are equipped with a fixed main jet carburetor. Carburetors are equipped with a idle speed adjustment screw and a low idle fuel mixture screw. • NOTE: To ensure best results when setting the low idle fuel Screw, the low idle speed must not exceed 2150 RPM (± 75 RPM) on Models LT1042 & LT1045 and 1200 RPM* (± 75 RPM) on Models LT1046 & LT1050). • SECTION 8: SERVICE Tires WARNING: Never exceed the maximum inflation pressure shown on the sidewall of the tire. The recommended operating tire pressure is approximately 10 psi for the rear tires and 14 psi for the front tires.
Refer to the tire sidewall for exact tire manufacturer’s recommended or maximum psi. • Changing The Transmission Drive Belt NOTE: Several components must be removed and special tools (i.e. Air/impact wrench) used in order to change the tractor’s transmission drive belt. See your Cub Cadet dealer to have your drive belt replaced.
• Hydrostatic Transmission Keep the area around the transmission cooling fan free of grass and debris at all times. The hydrostatic transmission is sealed at the factory and is maintenance free. The fluid level cannot be checked and on most models, cannot be changed. Several tractor components and parts IMPORTANT: (pedals, seat, fender, fuel tank, etc.) must be removed. • 46-inch Decks • Carefully grasp the idler pulley and pivot it toward the tractor’s left side to relieve tension on the belt. See Figure 24. Idler Pulley Belt Guard Figure 24 • With belt tension relieved, carefully remove the belt from around the left-hand spindle pulley.
50-inch Decks •. • LT1042 LT1045 & LT1046 LT1050. • SECTION 9: OFF-SEASON STORAGE Clean and lubricate the tractor as instructed in Section 7: MAINTAINING YOUR LAWN TRACTOR on page 19 of this manual before storing for an extended period. Engine If the engine will be out of service for two months or more, use the following storage procedure: •.
• SECTION 11: MAINTENANCE LOG Please keep a record of the maintenance performed on your tractor. Date Hour Meter Maintenance Performed.
- by admin